Becoming an adult is more than just age. It’s all about difficult decisions and choices that you make in order to have a stable life. Once you’ve considered yourself established in terms of career and personal live, it’s high time that you own your dream home.
If you’re already considering getting your own home, you basically have two options, to buy or build it yourself. Obviously, this is a hard choice because these two options are very different to each other and will have issues that need different outlooks. This article will serve as a guide to help you decide which option is best for you.
Buying your dream home can be as simple as picking out a house design that you like the most. You only need to contact the realtor and give an estimate of your price range.
- Costs less
- You can use it’s not exactly what you want during price negotiation
- The house is ready outright
- Landscaping is ready
- Not exactly what you want
- You’re the one who needs to make an adjustment
- Designs may be outdated
- May need some maintenance and renovation works
- Technology used may be outdated
- Not as future-proof as modern houses
If thinking of getting a home, you don’t need to rule out building your own home too quickly. Building your house, if you have the right contractors, will be easier than before. With so many developers, the competition is stiff and this can drive the price down. Here are the pros and cons of building your own home.
- You can build exactly what you want
- Tremendous sentimental value
- Can represent the real you
- Can use more modern technology and design
- You can choose the materials
- May take a long time to finish
- Can exceed budget quite easily
- Problems when obtaining the materials
- If you’re building in a new community, noise pollution can become a problem
- Can drain your time easily because of potential problems
Finding that dream home
Obviously, you will want a home that reflects who you are. Whether it’s pre-built or you’re building it yourself, it is still your own home. Something you can say is a part of yourself. Whatever it is that you decide, to build or not to build, it is up to you. This article merely lists the pros and cons for each course of action. It’s up to you to decide whether you can handle the stress of building your own home or go with the safer option of buying an existing house.
Before you make any final decision, you need to consider your financial situation, first and foremost. Know that there is no perfect choice for everyone and therefore, you may need to compromise. Owning a home is a great experience but it is a taxing event. If done properly, it will give you a feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction that you’ve never felt before.